Wednesday 26 November 2008

Crazy Insane Got No Brain

I know it's only Wednesday but I'm going to get all Friday Faff up on you. This is due to me getting minimal sleep last night. Why did I get minimal sleep last night? Our New! Puppy! had a rough first night away from his momma. That's right, Stella has a little brother. Wolfgang (gah! love it!) is a miniature schnauzer yorkie cross. He is 8 weeks old and weighs about 4 lbs and oh my word he is just the cutest little thing you could imagine. When my brain starts working again I will post pictures.

Last night was rough. We've got the pups in separate crates that we pushed together so Wolfie wouldn't feel so alone. He cried most of the night. When he tired himself out and actually fell asleep, Stella would start whining and wake him up. I predict fun times ahead.

In other faffy news, I just joined Twenty Something Bloggers. I do realize that I'm the last person in the world to join and I'm not going to lie, I am overwhelmed. Can someone please explain it to me? Is it like facebook? What is with this "friends" business?

Last, but definitely not least, the big news of the day is that Westy is coming home tonight. Last week he got traded from Penticton (400 km from where I live, so a very doable 5 hour drive) to Drumheller. Drumheller is in the middle of nowhere. It's halfway through Alberta, which means it's a 13 hour drive (through the Rockies!) from where I live. This made us all very sad. Long story short, Westy played 2 games there, realized that he hates Drumheller, and requested a trade. He flies home tonight. He's been traded to a local team so he'll be living with my parents again. So, uh, fun times ahead for him too.

So there you go, all the faffy things running through my head today. I'm hoping to skive off work early today to get home to my puppppies! And to sleep. Sweet, sweet sleep. How I miss thee.

16 comments:

  1. And you didn't post a picture?

    ARE YOU DRUNK!?!

    Congratulations on the new baby and welcome to two-puppy hell. I expect manner stories that will make me smile and nod knowingly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see pics! Yay for the new puppy! I love love love the name!

    As for 20SB... I'm so glad you joined! My persuasive powers are beyond words.

    It IS like Facebook in a way, but you don't have to "add friends" before you are allowed to see their profile and leave them comments. It's just another way to stay in touch with bloggers. And a great way to find new bloggers to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, a new puppy! I love the name - so cute!

    Hope you're able to get some good rest in soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww!!! Congratulations! I'm so jealous! I can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy crap! A second dog?! Wow. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two puppies does = insane!

    Congrats!! Can't wait to see pics!

    (time to change your about me section to "Twenty Something Overrun by Puppies With Cool Names")

    (no lie- comment verification says stress. Are they watching?)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you must be nuts!

    and 20SB? i haven't joined. but that would be because i'm 30 something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for getting a new puppy! I can't wait to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, new puppy! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww, NEW PUPPY! yaaay! How did you ever manage to get your husband to agree?!

    And I don't blame Westy for hating Drumheller. Is he playing in either game in the WHL against Russia challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ben: I took pictures last night, I just forgot to bring my camera to work. I am drunk on sleep deprivation!

    Mermanda: I won't lie - I did not love the same at first. Shawn came up with it. His first choice was Guinness though, so I quickly caved and now love the name Wolfgang.

    Sharon: I hope so too!

    Jane: I'll get some photos up tonight. Or maybe tomorrow. Who knows?

    J: Thanks!

    Danielle: I know! I'm still shocked that we did it. Your word ver = HILARIOUS!

    Jess: Totally nuts. But you knew that already.

    Leftlane: I will post the photos soon - promise!

    Meghan: Thanks!

    Sarah: It was his idea!! Westy isn't in the WHL - he's still in Junior A.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see pictures!!

    So post pictures ASAP. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. YOU GOT A NEW PUPPY???!!! I can't wait to see little Wolfgang!! Can I call him, Wolfie? Or Gangy? I WON'T call him "W"--EVER. Pinky-swear.

    And what the heck is 20-Something-Bloggers?? (Like I should care--I'm f-ing 31. Boohoo.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have fun with the puppy!

    We didn't sleep through the night until they were 4 months old. Enjoy! ;)

    If you need any tips or need to set up a red phone like Commissioner Gordon and Batman have, just e-mail me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete