Friday 21 November 2008

Be My, Be My, Be My Little Rock And Roll Queen

I am feeling particularly faffy today. I'm guessing it has something to do with there only being two other people in the office this morning. So far we've gossiped about the people who aren't in today, made about 17 coffees and chatted about our upcoming Christmas party. I'm trying to talk myself out of running across the street to Timmy Ho's for donuts. I'm losing the battle.

Thank you for all the Happy Birthday, Hillary's Mom comments. If my mom knew about my blog, I'm sure she'd be tickled to know that you all left her a comment.

I'm not going to faff about the rash because my new tactic is to deny its existence. How can it make me itchy if it's not there? Right? I will say, though, that I did try Jess's suggestion of putting vinegar on it and wow, did that sting like a bitch. Also, I smelled like a bloody chip shop. It did make me laugh afterwards though, so thanks Jess!

Moving on. Last night Shawn and I made pizza for dinner. We didn't have time to make pizza dough so we bought a crust. We are so healthy so we topped it with spinach, red peppers and mushrooms (on Shawn's half):

Then we remembered that we are fat kids so we added chicken breast, bacon, caramelized onions and goats cheese:


We topped it all off with roughly 49 lbs of mozzarella and called it a day.

Best pizza ever.

Stella was going nuts while Shawn grated the cheese. She tried valiantly to get at it but failed. I feel the need to point out the cuteness that is her butt roll. She hasn't yet grown into her skin completely so she still has saggy bits. It brings me joy.

My puppy will do anything for food. Even sit completely still while I try to take photos of her with no flash. I ended up with yellow-tinged photos but at least I didn't get that crazy-possessed-dog-white-eye thing happening.



Happy Friday!

13 comments:

  1. I have a crush on you three. Well, four if you count the pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pizza pictures from healthy to yummy cracked me up. Thanks for the laugh.

    I'm dealing with mysterious itching, so I hear you! I'm going in next month for the full skin allergy testing. For now, one thing that really helps is showering at night (just body, not hair too) and then slathering up with Aquaphor. It's basically vaseline. Then in the morning, I just wash my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that pizza looks incredible!

    Hooray for Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pizza-YUM!
    Stella-Simply adorable!!
    Plus I love cheese. The more, the better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pizza looks really yummy. I love the idea of spinach on it! I don't think I've ever had that before.

    I can't wait for the day when I kidnap your dog. That will be seriously fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that pizza looks soooo friggin good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When will they develop creepy dog white eye-reduction for cameras? It is the next big thing, I'm telling you.

    The pizza looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pizza looks amazing. We were going to order out for pizza tomorrow night. Would you mind flying to Chicago to make us some instead? Room is free if you do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL did you use apple cider vinegar?? b/c i think that is critical AND SHIT it didn't work??? GAH!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh, I hate mushrooms. Unless they're hallucinogenic. Shit, did I say that out loud???
    Stella is just a snuggly-bum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing skills lady!!

    I hope you're not stinging anymore! At least it was a break from the itching?

    ReplyDelete
  12. That pizza looks AMAZING.

    We made pizza as well, but the kids will only eat pepperoni and cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  13. yum. i could fly to canada to eat that pizza. i got really nervous with the first picture and the lack of cheese. but you did NOT disappoint!! oh and my big pregnancy craving has been donuts. it was so bad one day that i left my office and drove until i found a krispy kreme.

    ReplyDelete