Monday 17 November 2008

But Tell Me How Do My Leftovers Taste

I love party leftovers.

I'm eating lunch right now and I can't stop grinning because it's so excellent.

I'm eating one of those fancy apple/pear things. I don't know the proper name. I looked on the little sticker that was stuck to it to see what the office name is and it said "Delicious Pear. To Gentle Pressure." I don't know what that means. I also still don't know what the proper name is, so 'fancy apple/pear thing' will have to suffice.

Along with my fancy apple / pear thing, I am eating a hunk of Jarlsberg cheese, a few slice of salami (which is in direct violation of my No Processed Meat Except Bacon rule; however, it being Monday I don't give a damn) and a shameful amount of nanaimo bars.

And I have a lemon cupcake with cream cheese frosting in the fridge for later. Hi! I'm Hillary and I have no willpower.

Mermanda from Cusp of Normal bestowed this gem of wisdom on me today and I feel the need to pass it on:

"You should never put off bacon that you can eat today until tomorrow. Bacon tomorrow is never promised, as they say."

Truer words were never spoken.

In addition to her sparkling wit, today's post also features her 101 Things in 1001 Days List. Check it out! Play along! I'm thinking of making a list of my own, if I ever stop being a lazy bastard.

9 comments:

  1. Can you really blog every day and still be considered lazy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a prosciutto and mozzarella wrap with lettuce, tomatoes and sweet roasted peppers.

    I just made myself hungry again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agee! party leftovers are pretty much the best.

    now I want cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do it! Do it! Stop being a lazy bastard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, seriously. Lazy is the place to be. In Lazy-town, we have booze and beaches...

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love a woman who admits to liking salami. i LOVE certain kinds of salami. it's so good!

    ps: captcha is "catlet," which is the same thing as a kitten.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Party leftovers are THE BEST.

    ReplyDelete
  8. seriously your leftovers sound amazing. yay for party food.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi!

    I came here because I googled for "Delicious pear to gentle pressure". I have the same pear right now. It's a Chinese Ya Li pear. It's hilariously delicious.

    JP

    ReplyDelete