Friday 27 February 2009

I Died Eating French Fries In The Restaurant On The Corner

Friday Faff: Employment is Exciting! Edition

Let's get the important business out of the way first, shall we? A few of you expressed interest in poutine. As it turns out, I talk about poutine a lot. There were like five more poutine posts I could link to but I'm lazy.

Anyway, Adriana: yes, poutine is different in Vancouver than it is in Montreal. Poutine is a French-Canadian delicacy so Montreal poutine is authentic poutine. That being said, I have had good poutine in Vancouver that was better than bad poutine in Montreal, if that makes sense. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if given the opportunity to try poutine, don't turn it down because of one bad poutine experience. You could miss out on an amazing poutine experience.

Tia: If you make it to BC, go here. Fritz = amazing poutine.

Lisa: It makes me so sad that you only recently learned of poutine. I hope that you make up for lost time and track down some poutine pronto.

Maxie: If I ever make to any of the meet-ups, I will bring you some poutine. It will probably be cold and congealed but hey, you'll be drunk so you won't even notice.

Julienne: It's not real poutine if it uses mozzarella instead of cheese curds!

Stella would like some poutine, please.

I lied. The poutine isn't the most important business. Thanking all of you rockstars is the important business. Thank you all for your kind comments. It was a tough week and opening up my email to find a plethora of support from you lot was amazing. Thanks, dudes!

Shawn and the puppies say thanks too!

Shawn's interview went really well and he was offered the job. He's hesitant to take it because it is a significant pay cut but I keep reminding him that less dollars is better than no dollars. A pay cut isn't the end of the world. He's still bed-ridden with the flu so he doesn't need to make a decision right now. He's going to think about it this weekend and make a decision on Monday.

There is a lot of thinking to be done.

His decision will impact my decision whether or not to pursue my job opportunity any further. This new job will mean a lot less stress (I cannot emphasize the stress enough - on a scale from 1 to 10, where 10 = STRESS!, my current job is a 9. If I'm reading the situation correctly, this new job would be somewhere around a 2 or 3.) It will also mean a much shorter commute. Unfortunately, it would also mean a pay cut. I'm not sure that I'm comfortable taking a pay cut at the same time as Shawn.

And now, a puppy question. How do you prevent your puppies from going under your bed? Our bed is very low to the ground but Stella still manages to squeeze herself under it to get at Wolfgang. We've tried blocking it off with various objects but the puppies are evil and chew their way through. I don't want Stella to be under the bed because she's got carpet burn on her belly that is turning into a unhealable wound. She keeps ripping off the healed bits and reopening the burny bits and it is just as disgusting as it sounds. Any suggestions?



See? She is too big to be under there! Nutty dog.

12 comments:

  1. Stress is bad...very bad

    Glad to hear he got the job offer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot even tell you how much I love that last picture. The look on her face is hilarious. That said, tummy rugburn that won't heal sounds like a bad bad thing. Can you fill up the space underneath your bed with those plastic storage boxes so there's simply no puppy room?

    As for the poutine...I am not sure how one goes about finding it in DC, but I will try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it likely doesn't feel this way, but you guys are lucky to have options. I know it's stressful (anytime I've considered a job change, I'm a mean bitch who is full of nerves!), but hang in there. You guys will figure out what's right for both of you as individuals and as a couple!

    As far as the dogs go ... (1) concrete blocks are tough to move or (2) a row of empty soda/beer cans filled with approximately 20 pennies and taped at the top (when knocked over they make an awful loud noise that most dogs will learn to stay away from) or (3) get rid of the bed and put the mattresses on the floor. =)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay to job offers! Good luck with those decisions!

    I will definitely try poutine again. We only had it at a weird buffet type place, so I think it maybe was just bad. :-)

    I have no idea on how to keep your puppies out from under the bed. Except maybe to put so much crap down there (like plastic storage bins) that they can't get under?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay he got offered the job! Best of luck with whatever you two do decide to chose.

    I just adore your pups. Adore! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You used the word "plethora". It is one of my favourites.

    I am going out with Honey tonight. We will not eat Poutine, but will eat Appies Galore.

    Congrats to S on the job offer. Woo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You used the word "plethora". It is one of my favourites.

    I am going out with Honey tonight. We will not eat Poutine, but will eat Appies Galore.

    Congrats to S on the job offer. Woo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will the shorter commute help you save any money thru less train passes needed? Or in any other way that is justifiable in taking a pay cut? Cuz you don't talk about work a lot, but when you do, it's to mention the stress. Duder, stress is NOT good for you in the copious amounts that it is hitting you! :(

    That's one of m absolute favourite Bif Naked songs, I was so excited when I saw your title!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, it may not be real but it's still oh-so-right!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey...what have you been up to?

    ReplyDelete
  11. My hubby talks about poutine & I still have not got to try it! Hopefully next time we're in Vancouver.
    Your puppies are so darn cute! I can't stand it! My favorite pic is the 2nd to last one where Stella is giving a not so amused look that Wolfgang fits under the bed w/ no problem.
    Good luck with the job decisions!

    ReplyDelete