Monday 16 February 2009

Just A Perfect Day Problems All Left Alone Weekenders On Our Own Such Fun

This past weekend was so fun, so heartmeltingly perfect, that I almost don't want another weekend ever because there is no way it could live up to the weekend I just experienced. That's just crazy talk though because really, what's worse - a bad weekend or a perfect work week? I'll take the bad weekend every time.

Friday night started with three of my favourite ladies coming over for a food & Wii party. We started the night eating copious amounts of food (see below) and then worked off our cheese-babies on the Wii Fit. I have not laughed so hard in a long time.

Saturday morning I woke up and could barely move, my abs were so sore. Damn you Wii Fit Hula Hoop! A dear friend was in town for the weekend so I took her out for Valentine's / Birthday pancakes. I also managed to convince her that she should let me throw her a baby shower (whoohoo, party planning here I come!)

My Saturday afternoon was a lazy one (which Shawn managed to catch on camera.)

Saturday night was Shawn's album release party at the Railway Club. The show went really well - the bar was packed and Shawn played really well (and looked damn fine while doing so.)

He had to stay until the last band finished so I hopped on the train by myself to head home when I got tired. And promptly realized that taking the train during rush hour is nothing like taking the train at 1am. I think the problem was that I had only had a few drinks at the bar so all the really drunk people were just annoying and loud. Or I'm just getting old.

The weather on Sunday was fabulous - blue skies and sunshine and almost warm. I took the pups to the dog park while Shawn recovered from his late night (he didn't get home until after 4am.) (And he is getting old.) And then we came home and the puppies got in trouble while I made yummy omelettes for brunch.

Stella loves shoes. She is always trying to get into the closet so she can get at the shoes. She's trying to teach Wolfgang her wicked ways.


Sunday night was spent watching the Canucks destroy the Habs and eating chicken satay with peanut sauce (which is now officially my favourite food.) My perfect weekend was not finished yet, though, because after the Canucks games I watched the season premier of The Amazing Race. I love this show. I love Phil Keoghan. I love everything about it. This weekend recap is long enough so instead of babbling about how awesome the first episode was, I'll just say that I'm happy with the couple who was eliminated (they were Annoying with a capital A) and my favourite couples as of right now are Brad & Victoria and Mel & Mike. I would like Linda & Steve to be eliminated next because I don't find it particularly entertaining to watch a man berate his wife for not being able to run fast enough. Can't wait for next week's episode!

17 comments:

  1. That sounds so lovely... I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely weekend!

    Yes, Amazing Race was wonderful!! So glad to have it back on the air. Usually the teams I hate tend to stick around until the bitter end, so I'm glad to see that this time one of them was eliminated first. Yay! I heart Phil big time, and was so glad to see him again.

    My favourite teams right now are Margie & Luke, and Mel & Mike. Brad & Victoria are pretty close, too, especially after that bungee jump. Holy crap did that every look terrifying!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep hearing about Wii fit hula hoop. I covet the Wii and the Wii Fit...But I don't see us getting one anytime soon. Oh well. I CAN eat ridiculous amounts of cheese, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds so nice! I just got a Wii for my birthday and have managed to screw up my arm twice already playing tennis. I can only imagine what the hula hoop would do to me . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for fun weekends! Those are the best.

    That goat cheese looks delish. Yummmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, that does sound amazing!

    I'll take two of those, please. I wonder how much the shipping is on a hockey game...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a fantastic weekend too, made me EXTRA sad for Monday. I hear you on the Wii hula hoop, owie on the abs! Also I love it that Wolfgang still has his tail. Spencer does too. I just think it's so inhumane to crop the tails, you know it has to hurt no matter what age they are!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want a Wii fit. Only because they're fun though.

    MMMMM, I love foooooood!

    CD releases are always so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wii hula hoop sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He released a CD??? How did I not know this?

    Also - when I do the Wii Fit huls, the sparkles make the kids call me "magical". Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All my bloggy friends have had such awesome weekends! :) Yours sound super awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Amazing Race, but they don't show it in Ireland or have a British version.

    My little brother has a Wii and I love it, I can't wait to get one of my own. Sounds like a fabulous way to spend a Friday night!

    ReplyDelete
  13. dude! how did i not realize your husband is a bona fide musician?? that's so hot :-)

    what a great weekend! i want both wii fit AND cheese. yum.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you had an awesome weekend! I love cheese and that spread looks amazing.

    I also love the song Perfect Day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. your weekend sounds amazing. i love it. and seriously love the wii, i'm so obsessed with mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like your weekend was perfectly balanced between socializing and napping. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love The Amazing Race too, and totally want to be on the show :)

    ReplyDelete