Tuesday 3 August 2010

Slow Down Boy You're Driving Me Crazy I'm Not A Kid Anymore

I didn't blog about my July resolution but I did make one; my goal was to finish all of the coursework for my blasted accounting course. Late Saturday, as July turned to August, I successfully completed my resolution. I'm not in the clear just yet - I still have to pass my exam on Sunday - but I feel like a giant weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

I spent the rest of the long weekend in a bit of a fog, trying to come down from my state of panic and halfheartedly attempting to tackle the many things I've neglected in the last few weeks as I've worked myself up into a lather. Which brings me to my August resolution. My resolution for August is to clear out the clutter that has been accumulating over the last few months. I need to clear out my Google Reader, respond to emails that have languished unanswered in my inbox for weeks, expunge the piles of stuff that have cropped up on every available surface in the condo. Disarray makes me feel off centre. I cannot think straight when my physical surroundings are chaotic and muddled. August will be about finding clarity and eliminating the superfluous.

Hopefully August will also be about reentering my regular life - making time to see friends again, spending quality time with Shawn instead of passing out in front of the tv together, reading and commenting on blogs instead of skimming through and leaving nonsensical comments. I have six more days of studying and prepping for my exam and then August is mine. I am so excited to feel like me again.

4 comments:

  1. Aw, and I'm excited for you too, love. As soon as this is passed you'll be back to all the good things again, and this will definitely be a great month for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, good for you for getting it all done! You'll pass your exam, and then you'll have some time to breathe and enjoy! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on getting the course work done! I know how hard doing distance work can be! After this Saturday, BRING ON SUMMER!

    ReplyDelete