Monday 30 August 2010

Give Up The World Give Up Your Life Cause You Cannot Fight The Television

I go away for two days - TWO DAYS - and Shawn buys a 52" television and mounts it on our bedroom wall.

I have no words.

* * * * *

I should clarify that we did have a 37" television hanging in the bedroom. Before I met Shawn I was very anti-tv in the bedroom and then I moved into an open concept condo and married an electronics nerd who works in the industry (and has access to ridiculous industry discounts.) So it's not like he put a 52" television in a tv-free zone. It's just ... huge. Also, the 52" television has allegedly been hanging in the bedroom since Friday morning (I left Saturday morning) but I am calling shenanigans on that because it is massive and there is no way that I walked past it numerous times (and slept in the same room!) without noticing. Though it did take me over an hour last night to realize that something was different in the bedroom and then a few more minutes to figure out it was the giant television hanging on the wall.

* * * * *

I should also clarify that I'm not complaining about the massive television. I'm just suggesting to Shawn that perhaps making the bedroom into a mancave was not the brightest idea he's ever had and requesting that he put the massive television out in the living room and put the smaller television in the bedroom. I'm also recommending that future giant television purchases should perhaps be discussed with me (stabby stab stab.)

14 comments:

  1. Ummmm, well, at least you'll no longer fight about who controls the remote. Now you can just retreat to your separate rooms. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Important factor you have neglected to consider:
    Shark Week from bed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's BIG. You're handling this very well. I'm a no-tv-in-the-bedroom kind of girl. The occasional lap top to watch a movie is ok but I like it free from electronic devices.

    Depending on what movie you watch, it could be really awesome or totally terrifying. Like qtilla said- shark week on that screen? EEK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Committees keep decisions from happening. The executive decision had to be made. :-) Although, I don't have a TV in my bedroom at all so perhaps I'm not a very good authority on the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do believe that you've inspired my Work It! Mom post for tomorrow.

    Also. I read this to Matthew and

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to Emily for hitting ENTER.

    Anyway...Matthew's on your side too. Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhhh. We have a Talk About Big Purchases agreement. If we didn't and this happened, I would be beyond stabbity stab enraged.

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha you have some funny stories.
    Believe it or not, im not finished laughing about the time you were carded at the liquor store and the young man said....
    Not bad for 1982, lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes!! Major unconsulted purchases can be scary, especially when GIANT! I hope the TV in the bedroom goes okay - I don't have one in there (but we do have a spare sitting unused under the stairs) because apparently if you have "awake things" in the bedroom it makes it more difficult to sleep :S

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yikes.. that's a BIG tv for the bedroom. I think a switch might be in order?

    We have one in here (it was a furnished one bedroom flat) but it's one of those teeny tiny corner mounted ones AND I don't even know if it works - but even if it did, I don't think we'd use it.

    Who knows what we'll do when we get home and have our own place to furnish.. but I doubt we'll do it. It's just.. weird.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So I love electronics and think that is an awesome TV (I'm sorry but I do love electronics, like A LOT). Although I will agree with you, a bit too big for the bedroom and yes such things should be discussed.

    I will say this however, having Matt over a lot, I know that if we ever did live together, we would most assuredly need two TVs! (That boy watches tennis, basketball, nature shows and stuff about the universe ALL THE DAMN TIME. Then sits and complains when I'm watching my shows. Ok, um, #endrant.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband thought we needed a 52" in our bedroom too. About a year later, I must admit, he was right. Since he can fall asleep anywhere, but I need TV to drift off, strangely, he regrets his decision now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmm, I might think that might be too big for my bedroom. But I'd probably get used to it pretty quick!

    ReplyDelete