Lindsay tagged me for a meme a while back and then I got tagged for the Facebook 25 this morning. I've decided to combine the two. I'm lazy like that.
1. If I could figure out a way to bring Shawn and the puppies, I would move back to England in a heartbeat.
2. It is my dream to be a judge on Iron Chef America (for either Battle Bacon or Battle Chocolate.)
3. Rome is one of the most beautiful cities I visited while in Europe; I hope to make it back someday.
4. Spinach, beets, walnuts, and mangoes taste like dirt to me.
5. I love my camera. I try to use it every day. I’m hoping that if I take a million photos, I will magically become a fabulous photographer. So far it’s not working.
6. I was named after Sir Edmund Hillary.
7. I would rather read the book than see the movie.
8. I have always loved to cook. I didn’t go to culinary school because I was worried that if cooking was my job, I would hate it.
9. Odd numbers made me uncomfortable. The only exception is the number nine. Don’t ask me why.
10. I do not support the 2010 Vancouver Olympics.
11. I worry. All the time. About everything.
12. It is my New Years’ resolution to eat beets once a month in 2009. I have not broken this resolution yet even though I hate beets (see point 4.)
13. My puppies are both named after beer. I named Stella and she loves me best. Shawn named Wolfgang and he loves him best. The puppies are fickle, though, and their love can be easily bought with peanut butter treats.
14. I love seeing live music. My favourite concert was when I saw Willie Nelson with my dad.
15. I have a crippling fear of sharks and snakes. If I see either on tv, I cover my eyes. It’s not enough to just close my eyes; I have to cover them with my hands as well. There may be shrieking involved also.
16. I will not swim in the ocean because of sharks.
17. I will never go to Australia because of the trio of death: sharks, snakes and spiders. Australia can pretty much go to hell, as far as I’m concerned.
18. I really want to have laser eye surgery but I am afraid to smell my eyes burning. I actually went for a consultation and asked the doctor if I would be able to smell it. He said yes. I will not be having laser eye surgery any time soon.
19. My perfect Friday evening involves warm weather, a patio, my favourite people, cold gin, and nachos with extra guacamole.
20. I think that Nigella Lawson is the coolest tv chef. Rachel Ray is the most annoying (and she’s not even a real chef!)
21. It given a choice between cake and pie, I will choose pie every time. Especially if it’s key lime pie. The only exception would be if I was offered red velvet cake or pecan pie – I would choose the red velvet.
22. I want to have kids but not until I’m at least 30 years old. I feel like once I turn 30 I will magically turn into a grownup.
23. I have two tattoos. I want two more but after that I am stopping.
24. The sound of people cracking their knuckles makes me physically gag.
25. Dark chocolate-covered digestive biscuits make my life complete.
I'm not tagging anyone else because it's Monday and I make the rules on Monday.