Hi! My name is Hillary and I'm getting married in 5 months. Am I ready to get married in 5 months? Not so much.
According to Martha Stewart, things we haven't done yet (that we should have already) include:
- compile guests' addresses
- book officiant
- book florist
- book photographer
- plan honeymoon
- arrange wedding day transportation
- purchase or reserve groom's attire
- purchase bride's shoes, accessories, jewelry, etc.
- choose attendants' attire
- choose favours
- choose gifts for wedding party
- arrange accommodation for out-of-town guests
This list will grow when we reach the 4 month mark. I can't wait.
Are we woefully behind? Yes. Can we be arsed to do anything about it? No. For some reason, we cannot motivate ourselves to actually get 'er done. I love lists. I'm a big fan of making lists and then checking things off of said list. This list? This wedding list of stress and horribleness? I do not love it so much.
The list I do love is the List of Already Accomplished Wedding Shite (this list is so important that it's capitalized)
- book wedding / reception venue
- plan menu
- wedding dress
- make guest list
- order wedding cake (or, in our case, cupcake tower)
I wish that this list was longer.
Then there's the list of things I want to do instead of wedding planning:
- paint the bathroom
- not fail the soul sucking English course
- put Stella in puppy school
- go on holiday for S's 30th birthday
- actually have a house-warming party (even though we moved ohhh 4 months ago ... which brings us to my next point)
- finish unpacking (I'm not proud)
I'm starting to have nightmares about a half-planned wedding. You'd think this would motivate me to do something about it. But you'd be wrong.