Dudes, I am having a day today. A combination of unbloggable bullshit and very little sleep and, you know, the whole being a hormonal chick thing, has left me tearful and ragey. I really shouldn't be blogging is what I'm saying. This post actually started as a list of everything and everyone who has either pissed me off or made me cry this week and well, it was boring and unhealthy (and immature! and unflattering! and unfunny! etc.)
I reckon I need a love list to brighten up my mood. Bear with me, will you? (Or is it bare with me? Grammar police, what say you?)
Things I Love
a list by an extremely grumpy Hillary
- My dogs. Shocking, right? More specifically, I love what my dogs do when they're feeling excited and affectionate. Stella wags her tail so hard it whips both sides of her body - back and forth so quickly her tail is a blur. Wolfgang makes this weird grunty / moaning noise and tries to climb up into my lap for a quick kiss and a cuddle. It makes me smile every time.
- The Canucks current record (28-8-6) (*shiver*)
- Kyla Roma's salted chocolate chip cookies. I made these last weekend and I've been feasting on way too many of the little nuggets of happiness.
- My new camera. She's beautiful and I am having so much fun learning how to use her properly.
- Cooking for friends (related: does anyone have a gluten-free dessert recipe they can share? Nothing fancy - I don't want to have to go buy fancy non-gluten flour - just a nice, casual, non-deathy dessert for a night in with friends.)
What's putting a smile on your face today? Alternatively, what is making you stab unicorns today?