Tuesday 18 January 2011

Show Me All The Rules Girl I Just Want To Get 'em Wrong

Friday Faff: It's Not Friday but My Blog = My Rules Edition

Did you know that you can get packages of Starburst that contain only the red and pink flavours? Life changing.

* * * * *

How do you freeze homemade pizza dough? Do you have to use a special recipe or can you freeze any pizza dough? Do you roll the pizza dough out and freeze it in the crust shape or do you freeze it while it's still in a ball? How long does homemade pizza dough take to defrost?

* * * * *

I haven't worn makeup in weeks (because I am lazy and my morning routine consists of me hitting the snooze button many times.) I met with my financial adviser today and in an effort to look like a grownup, I got out of bed early enough to apply mascara and blush. A random man stopped me on the street to tell me I'm gorgeous and it made my day. No, my week. It made my week. That is how lame I am. Of course now my plan is to tell a random person on the street that they are gorgeous in the hopes that I can make their day (or week. No judgments here.)

* * * * *

We had friends over for bangers & mash last night and Shawn gave the pups the leftover sausage when he thought I wasn't looking (after I told him not to feed the dogs sausage because dude, our dogs' stomachs do not love the processed human food.) Shawn had an extremely grim puppy poop situation this morning which he tried to blame on me (his logic was a thing of beauty that I cannot repeat here for fear it will make me stab an innocent bystander) which then made me get all shouty and indignant. Basically we're winning at marriage today is what I'm saying. Life has been a bit stressful and strange lately so in a weird way I'm grateful for our bickery (and oh so mature) fight - it's helped clear the air a bit and hit the reset button (though for the record, I was totally right and Shawn was wrong and if I point it out here hopefully I won't feel the need to point it out when I go home tonight.)

* * * * *
Is anyone else feeling faffy? What's on your mind?

12 comments:

  1. Pizza crust: when I make a batch of dough, it produces enough to make 2 thin-crust pizzas. I shape it into a ball and plop it into a medium-sized freezer ziplock bag and throw it (literally, sometimes) into the freezer. Take it out at least 4 hours before making pizza and I would say it should be thawed out. There's not really a way to speed up the thawing process, that I'm aware of.

    I would hesitate forming it into a crust, personally. I find my stuff gets freezer burned easily and plus, what would I place it in? My pizzas are bigger than the biggest ziplock I can find at my (pathetic) supermarket. You could try to flatten out the ball, though. That would thaw out a bit faster...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea about pizza dough. Last time I tried to make it the end product was not...well it really sucked bad.

    I love random compliments from strangers! I don't get them often but when I do it always makes my day (or week depending on what kind of week I'm having).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, as someone who changes a lot of diapers, I know for certain that nobody wants to deal with sausage poo. Of course you're right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pizza dough... ask Kyla. She makes killer pizzas, and I know for a fact that she freezes the dough.

    And that's so awesome that someone told you about how pretty you are! I love it when that happens, but I can't help but feel incredibly awkward about it as well. I'm glad you're going to pass it along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just made pizza dough for the first time last weekend. I plan on blogging about this soon! I have no idea about freezing the dough other than what I read here:

    http://www.foodlushblog.com/2011/01/a-guide-to-homemade-pizza-.html

    Oh man, that's too funny that the sausage thing totally backfired on Shawn. OOOPS! Bummer about the fight -- but awesome about the reset button concept!

    And way awesome about your gorgeous compliment -- and that you plan on passing on the goodness! That's great :)

    And now I want some Starbursts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I shudder to think what would happen if we gave Bailey sausage. Yikes. Sorry about the poop situation.

    Good ideas in the comments about the pizza dough...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not know this about Starburst. Excuse me whilst I create further cavities in my teeth.

    Maybe roll it up in a ball and freeze it? I have no idea so I wouldn't listen to me.

    I don't get why you think you're not pretty, because YOU ARE.

    He was totally in the wrong. TOTES.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you get Starburst packages that contain only orange? Because that would make my day.

    Ugh, and I hear you about husbands feeding the dogs the wrong thing. They think they are being nice but they are so so wrong. At least you made him deal with it. Since I do all the walking, I am also the one on poop duty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you get Starburst packages that contain only orange? Because that would make my day.

    Ugh, and I hear you about husbands feeding the dogs the wrong thing. They think they are being nice but they are so so wrong. At least you made him deal with it. Since I do all the walking, I am also the one on poop duty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pizza dough - yes, you can freeze it. When I make it I usually split it into two balls which make small thin crusts. If I buy it I just stick it in the freezer as is. Either way you can thaw on counter or sometimes I thaw it in the fridge overnight and all day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was texting to my 'date' friday night when two slightly intoxicated (the martini lunch kind...) men stopped in front of me mumbling about the hot girl inside then turned to me and said: whoa, speaking of hot girls, who you texting? your boyfriend?
    LOL - I replied no, but thanks for the compliment :)
    I think I would have stayed to chat, but they were smoking. I don't like smoking boys, doesn't do it for me.
    Also, i tend to get more compliments when dressed up nicer and wearing makeup - then more after workouts when i'm looking 'freshly worked out.'
    Both those looks I'm making more of an effort with :)
    Nice work Shawn! Poor guy, but some times ya gotta learn!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Matthew feeds Diesel human food every day (not Zoey, though - she's too little) and he has the WORST gas. I feel for you.

    ReplyDelete