In the past week, I have cried real tears over the following:
- Seeing my little alien flapping his or her arms on the ultrasound screen.
- Chris Colfer's Golden Globe acceptance speech.
- My inability to find a toothpaste that doesn't make me dry heave.
- Marshall's dad's funeral on HIMYM.
- Shawn taking the last pink popsicle, leaving me with only purple and orange.
- Not being able to find the fetus on any of the (19!) ultrasound pictures the clinic emailed to me. No really, I posted the picture of the hand because it's the only body part I can identify. I can't tell ass from head but I can see that damn hand, thankyouverymuch. Upon further review, I am fairly certain that the picture below is a profile of Willie* with the head on the left and the butt on the right.
* We're calling the fetus Willie because calling it The Mishap seems a bit harsh at this point. Also, I love Willie Nelson. And we're hoping that the fetus has a willy.
- Every single comment left on my last post. My bloggy peeps have always been awesome but I've never felt such an outpouring of love. You made me very happy is what I'm saying.
Finding out I was pregnant immediately after Shawn and I discussed how neither of us was ready to have kids was terrifying and stressful. Terrifying and stressful is putting it lightly, actually. I was paralysed with anxiety. The first few weeks were a struggle. Shawn and I had many difficult conversations and many tears were shed. (Umm pregnancy hormones? Fucking suck. I am a giant weepy ball of emotions. Constantly.)
I guess what I'm trying to say is, thank you. Thank you for helping me celebrate after weeks of stress and anxiety and just general frettiness (my first thought after Willie popped up on the ultrasound screen? "Thank fuck, it's alive!" My second thought? "Thank FUCK, there's only one.") Shawn and I are starting to shift from stress to excitement and every single person who expresses joy over Willie is helping us get there. We are so grateful. Aaaand now I'm starting to get all weepy again so I'll leave it at this: You rock, dudes.