Thursday 6 August 2009

Sing Me Spanish Techno

Shawn and I were out shopping on the weekend when he got a call and we had to go straight to the hospital. It's not my story to tell but I will say that everyone involved is okay and for once it wasn't me who needed the medical attention.

So. We go straight to the hospital.

It wasn't a hospital I'd been to (or heard of) before. We got a bit lost on the way there because the hospital is in the midst of a residential area and we didn't trust our navigation system as it took us along the winding, suburban streets.

We arrived and found Shawn's brother and the three of us entered the emergency room. It was a bit odd; the room was small-ish and very quiet. There were a lot of old people there, IV-pole in tow, and youngsters with sports injuries. We were the only people there in the mid-20's - mid-30's age range and we attracted a fair bit of attention. It wasn't until later that I realized why. Shawn was wearing a t-shirt with skulls and other skull-type things on it. His brother was wearing his motorcycle leathers. As for me, I was wearing this shirt:

(you can buy it here)

We were quite the motley crew, is what I'm saying.

It could have been worse. I could have been wearing my "MEAT IS MURDER. Tasty, tasty murder." shirt.

Sigh.

I guess the moral of this story is that I should throw out my t-shirt collection and start dressing like a grownup. The thought that I've reached that point in my life makes me die a little on the inside.

14 comments:

  1. Does this mean that I have to throw out my Hot Wife t-shirt if I want to be a grown-up?

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend who has this shirt. So awesome!

    I say keep the fun tees. Dressing like a grownup is what work is for. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My cousin is four years older than I am (and I'm older than you are) and she still rocks the awesome t-shirt. I say there is no age limit for such things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is something I've struggled with a lot over the last year or so. Right now, my teeter-totter has me saying, screw society, you wear your smart-ass t-shirts as long as you find them amusing. (I guess mostly because my summer wardrobe has consisted primarily of smart-ass t-shirts and cargo shorts.) So keep rocking the t.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol! Don't get rid of that shirt, Mister and I eat off of kids Batman & Transformers place mats from WalMart. I think they give us character.

    You're in good (okay, maybe slightly dubious) company, is what I'm saying =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh god, i LOVE that meat/murder shirt. i should look into buying it for myself, although it seems to be perpetually sold out whenever i try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lady, you are my fashion icon. I want that shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad everyone is OK.

    And have you seen some of the get-ups that "grown ups" wear? I know it's not limited to the US. And do you know how much more daily humor the world needs?

    So keep the tees. Please.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "MEAT IS MURDER. Tasty, tasty murder." That's too fucking awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep the shirt! You are never too old to be secure in your personal taste. It's like a funny badge of honor. Rock it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha that shirt is amazing. i say keep it. i have so many inappropriate shirts that i still wear out from time to time, totally okay.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad everyone is okay. :)

    Also - keep the fun tees. I have one that says "cheer up, emo kid" and I love it. I have a few others too...they may or may not have either monsters or skulls on them.

    YAY for fun tees!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, either that or start doing like the mommys do and pack an extra set of (adult) clothes in the car - you know, clothes appropriate for hospitals, courtrooms and the like. =) Glad to hear everyone is ok...

    ReplyDelete