Monday 3 December 2012

Well It's a Time Honoured Tradition

My favourite part of Christmas is our Christmas Eve BBQ. We started the tradition years ago as a way to connect with our friends during the busy holiday season. Taking a night to eat yummy burgers and drink a few beers with our friends rejuvenated and energized us enough to last through the following week of family obligations and stress.

The tradition has changed over the years. One year we had almost twenty people crammed into our tiny condo. Last year it was just us sneaking bites of cheeseburger while trying to soothe our wee Rage Baby.

I love that we have our own family tradition to share with Grady and I love that it's so us (says the lady who served cheeseburgers at her wedding.) I can't wait until he's old enough to stand out in the rain and flip burger patties with Shawn.

* * * * *


I'm participating in the Twelve Days of Christmas Traditions with a group of fabulous Vancouver bloggers. Check out some of their posts here:

Julie Nowell On Being Together
Mama.Papa.Bubba.'s Handmade Ornaments
The Write Mama's Christmas Village
Amy's Experiental Advent Calendar
erin at large On the Giving Part of Christmas
north shore mama On Tree-selecting, Cooking-baking, and Beautiful Lights
Enchanted Chameleon's Gluten-free Xmas Dinner

Check out Lisa's post tomorrow on combining different cultural traditions!


3 comments:

  1. I had cheeseburgers at my wedding too. Mmm! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this tradition, so fun! Our tradition is more just our Christmas party and the spiked cider I make, ha. Love holiday things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas is different for me every year, depending where I'm living, which parent is doing what, who is going where to see the other side of the family, etc etc.
    But no matter what, I always eat lots!

    ReplyDelete