It is only Wednesday and I feel like I'm about to collapse. A million things are happening this week and I'm excited and I'm exhausted and I would love nothing more than to sit down with a proper mug of tea and write a coherent post but all I've got is a paper cup of espresso and bullet points.
- Robin is home from Africa! Her schedule got a bit mangled by situations she couldn't control so she hopped on a plane and came home early. I was trying to not get too excited because she didn't know exactly when she'd be able to come home but her flight landed last night so I am officially pee-my-pants excited.
- In exactly 2 months I will be in Vegas recovering from Cat's bachelorette party the night before and looking forward to Cat's wedding the following day and I am beyond excited and happy. I love Cat and I cannot wait to be there when she marries her fella. Shawn and I are staying in Vegas for a bit of a holiday after the wedding - what should we do while we're there? I've only been to Vegas once before so I'm still a rookie.
- Two of my favourite bloggers are asking for help to achieve awesomeness. Emily is trying to win a dream honeymoon and LiLu is attempting to become MTV's Twitter Jockey and if you're so inclined, voting is quick and easy and would mean so much to them.
- I have not bought new running shoes yet. Some of you suggested that I go to a running store to speak to someone about which shoes I should wear and that was a very logical suggestion. I'm not so logical though (understatement of the year) so I'm hesitating. I used to run. I wasn't a runner but I used to run. I'd get my shoes from the Running Room and I'd go on the group runs and I'd talk to people about shoes and blisters and chafing. I think I'm scared to go back now that I haven't run in a shameful amount of time. Like they'll know I'm a fraud or something. And yes, I know how crazy that sounds but hi, my name is Hillary and I am a little bit crazy. So I have no shoes.
- Shawn is playing at the Pillage at the Village festival in August and it's kind of a big deal and I'm ridiculously excited for him ... and I kind of don't want to go. It's not that I don't want to see him play at a big venue (umm ... one of the bands opening for Bif Naked!) it's just that it's on the island, in the middle of nowhere, and I won't have anything to do or anyone to hang out with when he's off doing band stuff. Plus it's a serious hassle to get to and we'd have to sort out dogsitting for the pups and I can't take any time off work so I'd be going up Saturday morning and coming home Sunday morning and ... I really don't want to go. I'm a bad wife is what I'm saying.