Monday 22 June 2009

Lights Will Guide You Home And Ignite Your Bones And I Will Try To Fix You

So I'd really like to not be whining about how sick I am still but, uh, I'm still sick. And as such, have not done anything interesting in the last six days. And by "not done anything interesting" I mean "didn't go to the Coldplay concert on Saturday night." The Coldplay concert I'd been looking forward to for months. 

I would really love to be someone who isn't fussed by this sort of thing but I'm not. I'm fussed. I'm disappointed and stroppy and a little sad. And yes, I realize how hard my life is that I had to stay home Saturday night instead of going to a concert. A concert that I was able to pay for with money I made at my job. I know. I know! Me and my first world problems. It's just ... I really love Coldplay. I've never seen them play live before. And Snow Patrol was opening for them. I really love Snow Patrol. And I'm just so tired of feeling crappy. 

Speaking of feeling crappy, after being up all night with pain pretty much everywhere from the neck up, I went to the doctor this morning. Turns out that the antibiotic I was prescribed last week didn't work. Meaning my strep throat is worse and I now have ear infections in both ears and a sinus infection. Um yes, I am a joyful one right now. 

However. This wasn't meant to be a whiny post. I actually wanted to thank everyone who left sweet, thoughtful comments last week. I've been really shite at responding to them so I'm hoping this post will suffice. You all rock. I am continually surprised at the support and kindness that you all throw my way. This is two steps away from becoming a drunken "I love you man" so I'll stop my babble. Just ... thanks. 

16 comments:

  1. Oh no! Feel better soon! I came home from our pre-wedding honeymoon in Italy last January with two ear infections and a sinus infection (but no strep) and it took 3 weeks of serious antibiotics to get me all the way better. Have them give you the good stuff and kick the infections' butts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Miss, you have every right to have a good, proper whine. Its been ALL FRIGGEN YEAR for you, this is lame!! I hope you're at least getting some prime puppy cuddles in the mean time and that you're getting lots of sleep.

    Seriously, double ear infections? That's just not right. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok that just sucks. Are they by any chance going to prescribe you the correct medicine?

    I hope you feel better super soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you are seriously sick! I'm so sorry! Feel better, stat. Yes, I'm sick too, so I'm allowed to say silly things like that. I am thankfully not as bad, I've just got some cold/flu stuff, but man it sucks to be sick!

    Get better SOON.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you're so sick, whine all you want that's what we're here for. Have tons of soup and tea and oil of oregano ( I hear it helps).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm surprised you were able to stay away from the concert! While being sick is awful, I'm pretty sure I dragged my mono-ridden ass out to a danceclub for my 20th birthday.

    Not that I'm a prime example of what you should be doing with your life, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's true what they say, right? If you haven't got your health, you haven't got anything. On the bright side, hopefully, they have now given you better antibiotics. (I'm partial to Levaquin.) And, you will sson be well again and ready to rock us with your awesome posts about dogs, alcohol and all things Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Missing both Snow Patrol and Coldplay concert? You'd have to scrape me up off the floor with a shovel, that's how crushed I would be. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I seriously can't believe how sick you've been this year. It ain't right.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blimey.
    I am OBSESSED with coldplay.
    and snow patrol.
    I went to Abu Dhabi and saw them. It was too cool... I feel real bad for you... I would die before I missed it though, even if I was sick...
    Hope you get better soon! And listen to LeftRightLeftRightLeft, it might make you feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm pretty sure this means you get to skip beets this month. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't blame you one bit for being upset about missing the concert; 2 years ago my now-husband and I missed a Dropkick Murphys concert due to bad weather, and I still can't let it go. Hopefully you'll feel better soon and get another chance to rock it out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really hate when sickness gets in the way of life. Especially when life is a Cold Play concert. Feel better - I command you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never really knew anything about Coldplay and had only heard one song (Yellow) back when I was going through my break-up with my ex-fiance. Then one night Coldplay was performing on VH1 or something and they played "Fix You." It literally moved me to tears. From that moment on, I was hooked. I soon bought Parachutes, X&Y, and A Rush of Blood to the Head. That summer I saw them in concert and while I enjoyed it... I wouldn't rank it in my top ten favorite concerts. (However, Snow Patrol did not open for them... sadly.)

    PLEASE feel better soon, you little monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Being sick - it's awful to have that as your excuse for skipping a great concert. Clearly, you aren't well. Maybe, when things get better, you should buy Coldplay tickets somewhere else ... and make a vacation out of it ... to make up for missing them in Vancouver.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Hillary, I do wonder if there's something else you can do like acupuncture or allergy shots or something. I mean, not right now - new pharmaceuticals are totally the way to go. But I've been thinking about the ongoing illness crap, and I just wonder.

    ReplyDelete