Monday 8 June 2009

I Think I Got Something In My Teeth Could You Get It Out For Me? That's Effing Teamwork!

Last week Ben posted a review of the Flappy on Who's Your Daschund. I scoffed - scoffed! - at his claim that the Tuffy Flappy could withstand a week with his pups.

I had to see for myself.

Things started off well. Wolfgang loves his Flappy.

I bought two of the same-sized Tuffies so the pups wouldn't have Flappy envy.

The problem is that nothing tastes better than someone else's Flappy.

Please note the sad, lonely Flappy that has been forgotten by Wolfgang. Clearly it does not taste as good as Stella's Flappy.

Wolfgang is fighting a losing battle.

Tug of war!

The shenanigans were resolved when the pups realized that they could both chew on one Flappy without getting in each other's way.

Overall I'm pretty impressed with the Flappy. The pups had a lot of fun, the squeaker was less obnoxious than other toys we've tried in the past, and neither puppy managed to destroy it. The Flappy isn't a toy that I'd leave with the pups in their crates (Stella has managed to chew the ends off the flappy bits and I'm confident that given a few hours alone with the Flappy she'd manage to chew through the middle bit) but it's definitely a toy I'll let them play with when they're out of their crates. Every toy we've tried with the pups has been ruined (by Stella) on the day we brought it home. I'm not exaggerating when I say that the pups each have one toy - the Nylabone Galileo Bone "designed specifically for powerful chewers" - so I'm very excited to have found another toy tough enough to prevail against Stella's earnest attempt at destruction.

13 comments:

  1. Loving your commitment to linkage in the first sentence hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two back to back good reviews and I'm convinced that Tofu dog needs one of these. Like Stella he's a "powerful chewer" and anything made for dogs his size never last beyond a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA! I love it! I'll have to try out this toy with my puppy now - it seems to be quite popular in the blog world.

    PS Your puppies are the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course I'm certain you love them both equally, like any good mom, but me, I am never sure which of your puppies to root for when they're competing for something. If I knew them in person, I bet I'd have a fave, but it's so hard to tell!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know what would be cool? Is if the flappy would break in half as each one of them pulled at it from opposite sides and then all sorts of dog goodies came out of it. You know, like the New Year's Poppers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Next to nylabones, I'm pretty sure Kongs are supposed to be dog-proof when it comes to destroyability. Then again, my mom's dog managed to tear through the regular Kong and super-duper Kong, to which the store owner said no dog has ever done before!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marie's comment is hysterical! I love it! Any update to the lawsuit story? My husband and I were discussing the ridiculousness of it over dinner last night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dog growing up was constantly chewing. We bought every toy that said "indestructible" and he ate every. single. one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to track down a Flappy for Diesel...

    ReplyDelete
  10. This reminds me so much of EVERY SINGLE Doberman puppy I've ever brought home! Shopping for CUTE and STUFFY puppy toys this weekend was a novel experience for me... usually the Kong and the Galileo are the end of the road in my household!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's always that way it seems with two dogs. Whatever the "other dog" has is clearly much better than what the first dog has.

    ReplyDelete
  12. heeee... i like the picture of them side by side, gnawing the same flappy, where stella's eyes are all big with just a touch of the CrazyEye. poor neglected other flappy... :-)

    ReplyDelete