Friday 1 February 2013

Results: Non Cancery

Thank you so much for hanging in with me while I fretted. It's been a tough ride but I think the worst is over.

Yesterday I met with my doctor and she told me that all signs point to benign. My thyroid is still wonky and I need to have further testing done but I most likely do not have cancer (they won't give me the 100% all-clear without actually biopsying the entire thing, which obviously can't happen unless they remove the entire thing.) It isn't a surprise, this further testing; I knew going in that after my biopsy results I'd move on to either an oncologist or an endocrinologist. Not having to see an oncologist feels like a major victory.

And now, because it's all over and the results are all good, I can tell you that Shawn was also waiting for results to see if he had cancer. It has been a FUN couple of months in our home, let me tell you. He got the all-clear yesterday morning and I got mine a few hours later. We're going out to celebrate this weekend is what I'm saying.

The timing was so odd - Shawn got his ultrasound results and found out he needed a biopsy literally the same morning I was having my biopsy done. My dormant superstitious side hates coincidences so I was halfway convinced that the timing meant we'd be that couple - you know, the one that you marvel over their bad luck while thanking the heavens you aren't them. So, while I was fretting over leaving my baby alone in this big, bad world I was actually fretting over leaving my baby completely alone in this big, bad world. I owe my older sister a giant bottle of gin for listening to me fret (and for reassuring me they'd be there for Grady instead of telling me to shut up and stop being such a drama queen.)

I slept soundly last night for the first time in weeks. I have a giant grin on my face this morning. I feel so so lucky. Happy Friday indeed.

16 comments:

  1. I'm so fucking happy for you. (Sorry for the cursing - its the only way I feel I can truly express how happy I am!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hillary! What a terrifying experience. Thank goodness you are both okay. I am grinning on your behalf. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good lord! This made me all weepy. I'm so sorry you guys had to go through that kind of anxiety but I'm thrilled that you can finally breathe a sigh of relief. Waiting on results is a special kind of terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, that's so insanely awesome! Sending well wishes, hugs, and bottles of booze in spirit. I can only IMAGINE what you were going through!!!
    Cheers and VERY happy friday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, what a relief! I'm so glad to hear that. I don't even know you, but I'm a long-time reader and I've been checking your blog every day, practically, to see if there was news. Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what great news for you and your family. CHEERS TO YOU ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been thinking of you and praying for you constantly. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such amazing news x2!!!! What a relief. Celebrate you should this weekend! Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dude. This is such amazing news! I'm so glad all the tests came back cancer free! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to hear!! Cause for celebration indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! we had something similar a while back - very scary world for a while. welcome back

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such AWESOME news lady!! I hate that you both had to go through that but now that the results are clear HOORAY! Hopefully they can fix your wonky thyroid soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh thank goodness. That is so scary! I'm so glad everyone is in the clear.

    ReplyDelete