Monday 11 April 2011

I'm Holding On Til I Can Find You So Take Me Home

So I don't want to jinx anything but Shawn and I most likely bought a condo last night. I say most likely because the purchase is contingent on our sale and our purchaser doesn't have to remove his subjects until this Friday. If everything goes well, he'll remove his subjects on Friday and on Monday we'll remove our subjects on the place we want to buy and then it will cost everyone time and money if they want to back out of the contract. Meaning, I'll feel less jinxy talking about it and I can tell you all about the rooftop terrace and gorgeous paint job and 9-foot ceilings. How about a little peek?It's not a gorgeous turquoise accent wall but it is bold and colourful and lovely (also, Shawn thinks it's red so let's just go along with it until I've got our furniture in there and it's impossible for him to insist on a new paint job, okay?)

But now I have to stop talking about it because this could all fall apart before Monday. If our purchaser bails, we will lose this condo and how many condos with gorgeous magenta accent walls do you think are out there? This was the only gorgeous magenta accent wall I saw all weekend and we saw 24 units between Friday evening and Sunday afternoon (11 of which we saw on Saturday after my 2-hour gestational diabetes test. Note to self: never plan anything after a gestational diabetes test, unless the plan involves planting your ass on a couch and not moving until the extreme sugar high and subsequent low have passed.)

If everything goes as planned, we'll move into the new place in 47 sleeps (47 sleeps! Less than 7 weeks!) which will give us 54 sleeps until my due date (note to Willie: please stay put until then.) Our time line is very manageable is what I'm saying. We just have to get through this week of anxiety and then we can breathe a sigh of relief and move onto the next stage: packing. Also known as: Shawn throws everything all hodgepodge into an unlabeled box while Hillary gets clenchy and shrill. I can't wait.

15 comments:

  1. Love it! Hopefully the week of stress will zoom by :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great room! Hopefully everything falls into place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No shit, Hillary! I'll save congrats until they can be official, but this makes it sound like you're not leaving the city. So, not only do you win a magical magenta wall, but you also get to stay in the city? Score!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really hope this works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Hope this works out for you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keeping my fingers tightly crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keeping my fingers tightly crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's how my husband packs (and "cleans") too and it drives me crazy!

    Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh fingers crossed and hope it all works out!!

    also, that view is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so bright and fun and AWESOME.

    Sending happy "please work out" vibes your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fingers are crossed tightly for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the windows! So much sunlight! Crossing my fingers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fingers crossed!! This would be such a weight off your mind- I really hope that you guys get it! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fingers are totally crossed! Can't wait to hear more! That accent wall looks great and the view looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg that accent wall + floor-to-ceiling windows is to DIE FOR. Love love love!

    ReplyDelete