Monday 18 October 2010

Pleased To Meet You Wanna Greet You Then I'll Take You On My Way

Dear Shawn,

Today is the seventh anniversary of the day we met. If you had told me that in seven years we'd be married and have two monsterpups, I would have laughed at you. And then I would have told you to get me another drink because as you know, we met in a bar and we were both inebriated. We're classy like that.

A lot has happened in the seven years since we met. We dated for a bit. I moved to England. We stopped talking to each other. We started talking again. You visited me in England. I moved back to Canada. We moved into a tiny downtown apartment. We got engaged. We left our downtown apartment to buy a condo in a sketchy neighbourhood because homeownership meant in-suite laundry and no pet restrictions. We brought home Stella. We got married. We found Wolfgang. We've had a lot of adventures together is what I'm saying.

Happy 7th meet-iversary, dude. I hope we have many more adventures together.

Love,
Hillary

16 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! I love your story, you guys are all kinds of wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome story :) Happy meet-a-versary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are awesome. Happy Seven Years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your story. Happy seven years to both of you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool - it's my meetiversary today too!

    http://keeniebeanie.blogspot.com/2010/10/decade.html

    Happy 7 years to you... and wishing you many more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe, too cute. Happy day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute :)
    I hope to have a story like yours one day :) Well, without the moving away to another country, cause i've already done that...
    happy meet-a-versary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy meet-iviersary to you two!

    My husband and I met in a bar, too. It's the only way to go, if you ask me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! We met at a bar, too. By the end of the night we were both totally sloshed and made out on my front stoop. ;-)

    Happy meet-iversary. You guys are so great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww! Yay! How cute. Happy meet-iversary!

    (Also, kinda weird - I met my Sean in 2003, too. Only we're WAAAAY behind you in the getting married sense. Boo.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this!! Happy meet-iversary!

    ReplyDelete
  12. heehee, meet-iversary! tres awesome. happy 7 years to you awesome folks :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. aw preciousness, love this all around. happy anniversaryish :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy meet-iversary! You guys have a great story. It's so neat to look back on how far you've come over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh big love you both

    ReplyDelete
  16. AWwww! Happy meet-iversary dude! So cute!!!!
    Sorry, I'm way behind in my blog-reading, but came right to yours to catch up :D

    ReplyDelete