Thursday 2 July 2009

What's Your Dirty Hassle

A few bits and bobs from my booze-addled brain.

* * * * *

Yesterday was Canada Day. It's pretty much mandatory that you barbecue copious amounts of meat and drink copious amounts of beer on Canada Day. Who am I to argue? I hurt today.

* * * * *

Thanks for all your suggestions re: getting the drops in Stella's ears. I've tried them all. Nothing works. It takes Shawn and I roughly fifteen minutes to get the drops in her ears. It involves a lot of swearing (on our part) and scratching (on Stella's part.) Shawn learned his lesson yesterday and put on a long-sleeved shirt this morning before we made our attempt. Stella hates us right now.

plotting our demise

ear envy

* * * * *
I promise this is the last time I hassle you to watch Goldie's videos ... but please watch Goldie's videos! She's now got a 1 in 5 chance of winning the money and the contest ends really soon. She's bonkers and I love her and if you knew her you'd love her. So watch! Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. I watched it. But I still don't understand it. What exactly is the competition? Why did so many people show up to promote a candy bar? I must know more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. poor you guys. poor stella :-S how many more days of this??

    i just found out there was POUTINE at a local bar in celebration of canada day yesterday. I MISSED POUTINE. commence pouting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! But she makes such a great effort to look so freakin' adorable in the pictures you take it makes me melt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay canada day! and poor stella, hope she feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh. Antibiotics are such a pain in the arse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, poor puppy! That little face...

    ReplyDelete
  7. My poor puppy's ears are all messed up right now too. He has a trip to the vet schedule this week :-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw poor lady! I read the comments on your other post and I didn't see a tip for pinning her to the floor (lol)

    We've always had dogs and cats who were hard to treat and there's a hold that vets use that's really handy

    1. Get Stella to lie down on her side on the floor
    2. Have Shawn hold her front leg that's against the floor firmly. Have him place his other hand on her front shoulder so he keep her on the ground (she needs to use her front leg that's closest to the ground to stand up, with out it for leverage and with the extra hand it's nearly impossible for her to get up)
    3. Hold her head still with one hand, flop her ear back, administer medicine to squirming puppy, flop ear back, give her a few pats and when she's quiet (ideally) let her up again

    I'm a pro-pet squisher with this technique, if I haven't explained it properly I can take a picture of me squishing Mal or Ash. Just e-mail me if you'd like the photo version! =)

    ReplyDelete