Monday 23 July 2012

You Are The One Who Gives Me Hope

Life is still upside down and twisty but this weekend was perfect. We had Grady's first birthday party and I could not have wished for a better day. The room was full of people I love celebrating the little person I love most in this world.


I mean, it would have been nice if it had been sunny instead of rainy, and my day would have gone a bit smoother if I'd actually tried on my dress before the day of the party so I'd have realized it was inappropriately low-cut for my child's birthday party but, eh. What can you do, right? Grady's mind was blown over and over (balloons! cupcakes! Grandma and Grandpa and Nanny and Grandpapa all in the same room at the same time!) It was a perfect day.

(And now I'm back to hyperventilating at work but soon - SOON! - it will be done and I can breathe again.)

9 comments:

  1. That expression on both of your faces is priceless. I cannot believe Grady is already one. Where on earth did the last year go? Happy happy Mr. G!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated Birthday Grady!! And I think you look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First birthdays are the best! You look beautiful and the expression on Grady's face makes me amazingly happy. Happy wonderful birthday Grady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG look at his face! And his curls! So cute. Happy Birthday Grady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love his face. Happy birthday G!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look amazing! and grady, of course, is stunningly adorable as always. so happy to hear the day went well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He looks so pumped about his birthday! Happy Birthday Grady!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i mean this picture kills me, so much freaking cuteness! glad the party was such a hit, yay grady!

    ReplyDelete